A rain shower head can provide you with a perfect environment to relax in while getting clean at the same time. This type of shower head will provide you with your own personal rain cloud, allowing you to enjoy your time in the shower before starting your day. There is nothing quite like a nice long hot shower, and a rain shower head will allow you to get the most out of yours every single morning.
What is a rain shower head?
These shower heads are designed to simulate a rain shower and often times have numerous settings that you can switch between for the perfect stream and water pressure.
A vast majority of rain shower heads have round discs where the water comes out from a number of tiny holes. Some of the more technologically advanced models feature a pulse mechanism, which causes the water to spray out in droplets. There are even certain rain shower heads that have numerous or randomized settings, including pulsating rain massage, water saving trickle, and drenching rain storm. The massage setting is great for those who want to feel like they are in a spa, and the water-saving trickle setting is perfect for those long hot showers so you can be energy-conscious while saving money.
Best Selling Rainfall Shower heads
|Picture||Product Name||List Price||Rating(Out of 5)||Reviews|
|Moen S6320 Velocity||$$$$||4.8||Moen S6320 Velocity Reviews|
|American Standard 1660.610.002||$$$||3.4||American Standard Rain Shower head Reviews|
|Hansgrohe Raindance Downpour||$$$$$||4.7||Hansgrohe Raindance Downpour Shower Head Reviews|
|Grohe 28 373 000 Rainshower||$$$$$||4.4||Grohe Shower Head Reviews|
|AKDY Rain Shower Head||$$||4.6||AKDY Rain Shower Head Reviews|
|Delta Touch Clean Raincan||$$$||4.7||Delta RP52382SS Reviews|
You will find that rain shower heads offer a number of different designs and they are available in a variety of materials and finishes, so you should be able to find one that you truly love.
Benefits of a rainfall shower head
- A more relaxing shower: A rainfall shower head will provide you with a greater sense of relaxation as you stay underneath the water pouring all over your body. Hot showers can be very relaxing, but your whole experience will be enhanced with one of these shower heads.
- Better water distribution: You will find that a rainfall shower head is better at getting you clean and distributing the stream of water all over your body than any other type you will find. If you are tired of having to turn around to get the soap off every part of your body, this will no longer be an issue.
- A multitude of settings: Many rainfall shower heads offer a variety of settings to choose from, so you can select which one you want. Whether it is pulsating rain massage, water trickle, or drenching rain storm, you will have numerous options.
How do I choose the right rain shower head for me?
Before you make a final decision on a certain rain shower head, it is important that you consider these factors:
- Size: The larger the shower head the better, because you will almost certainly want one that can provide you with a wide coverage area. Most of these shower heads are between 8” and 10” wide.
- Quality: The overall quality of your new rainfall shower head is definitely important, so take the time to look for one that will last a long time and do exactly what you need it to. Spend some time reading through online reviews for numerous shower heads until you find one that seems like a good fit.
- Spray design and settings: These shower heads come in a variety of designs, some of which offer numerous spray settings for you to choose from. If you want a lot of choices when it comes to spray pattern, water pressure, and other luxury features, you will need to find one that can meet your needs. Some of these shower heads offer pulsating massage, mist, drenching, and other settings for you to try out and enjoy.
- Shower arm fit: There are certain rainfall shower heads that must be mounted to the wall and those that are mounted to the ceiling. Before you buy anything, take a look at your current shower arm as well as the details for each shower arm when browsing online so you can get one that is compatible.
- Style and Finish: Another thing you will need to consider when searching for the right rainfall shower arm is the style and finish of it, as you will want to get one that will fit in with the rest of your bathroom. If you want your new shower head to look stylish and go well with the types of fixtures you currently have in your bathroom, you will definitely need to take this into consideration.
Reviews of the top 5 Rainfall Showerheads
- Moen S6320 Velocity Rainshower
The Moen S6320 Velocity Rainshower is an excellent product and comes highly recommended by Consumer Reports, which is definitely a good sign if you are currently looking to purchase one of these devices. There are many positive reviews of this showerhead and it offers two different modes, allowing you to switch between a higher pressure setting using 30 nozzles, and a tranquil rainshower using all 100 nozzles on the shower head.
The two different modes this shower head has makes it perfect for those who want to get the full rainfall experience when they are in the shower.
- American Standard 10” Easy Clean Rain Shower head
With a low price tag of less than $100, the American Standard 10” Easy Clean rain showerhead is a great overall deal and offers a gentle and relaxing shower experience that you simply won’t get with any other type of showerhead. While it is true that you won’t get any adjustable settings with this particular showerhead, it is still a great value for the money. If you have been looking for a rainfall showerhead that mounts to the ceiling, this is one is definitely worth considering. This showerhead can be installed 7 feet from the floor above your shower, and it is perfect for anyone who loves those long, hot showers in the morning.
- Hansgrohe Raindance Downpour AIR Showerhead
There are a lot of different rain showerheads on the market, but the Hansgrobe Raindance Downpour Air is definitely one of the most unique. This showerhead has a powerful and efficient Air-Jet system, which is why it is able to release an impressive 2.5 gallons per minute. If you want a rain showerhead that is powerful and gets the job done, this one is certainly worth considering.
Being under the Hansgrobe Raindance showerhead is like being outside in a downpour, except in the comfort of your own bathroom. If you want a change from your current low flow showerhead because it just isn’t satisfying your needs, you will want to look into what this one has to offer.
- Grohe Rainshower Shower Head
While we did say that size matters when it comes to showerheads, the smaller 6.25” Grobe Rainshower showerhead still has a lot to offer and is ideal if you have a smaller bathroom and not a lot of room in your shower area.
This showerhead offers four unique spray patterns, including rain shower, power jet, spray, and champagne spray. While the somewhat small size of this showerhead may be off-putting for some, it does have quite a few different settings and works well overall.
- Delta Touch Clean Raincan Shower head
The Touch Clean Raincan from Delta embodies many of the things you should look for in a rain shower head, including a low price of only $60. Although this showerhead may be cheap, it is provides excellent water flow with a wide, even spray pattern to meet all of your needs.
With some very positive reviews on Amazon as well as a low cost, this shower head is a great option if you want a new showerhead for your bathroom but are on a tight budget.